is the journal of the International Commission for the History of Representative and Parliamentary Institutions. It is peer-reviewed and is published three times a year. It is concerned with political theory and the institutional practice of representation, as well as the internal organization and the social and political background to parliaments and assemblies of estates. The journal publishes scholarly articles covering the whole spectrum of the history of representative institutions up to the present day.
The Commission was founded in 1936 within CISH-ICHS (Comité International des Sciences Historiques-International Committee of Historical Sciences), a transnational organisation of historians. The ICHRPI is now also affiliated to the AHA (American Historical Association)
Click HERE for a commentary on the history of the commission by our president, Prof. Joseba Agirreazkuenaga (University of the Basque Country)